Rich Dad's Coaching

I've recently started a series of training sessions based on the Rich Dad Poor Dad series by Robert Kiyosaki. After receiving this book and the second one in the series, Cashflow Quadrant, from a friend, Chris Kearns, I decided to sign up for the coaching through Rich Dad Coaching. I expect this coaching to help me focus my goals and work out a plan to achieve them. It is a year long plan of study, beginning with 16 weekly sessions and assignments. Of course my goals are not "get rich" for only personal gain, but to become free to do the things that I enjoy doing, like spending more time with my family, church work (missions & benevolence), more blogging and other internet interests, running my businesses, building houses, developing land, etc.

I've also decided that the first thing that is going is standing up in front of the Planning Commission and City Council and "fighting" for a project. It's just not fun or exciting anymore. That's because of a number of reasons that I'd be glad to explain, but not here.

Here are my list of goals at the beginning of the training. I'm sure they will change over time.

Short Term Goals:
1. Take more time off to spend with family (at least 2 long trips & 2 weekend trips/year.)
2. Develop a regular bible reading/study habit.
3. Fund subdivision development (Stonehaven, etc.)
4. Fund condo development (6 units per year)
5. Build and sell 6 homes/year thru Affiniti Homes.
6. Fund daughter & neices' college educations.

Long Term Goals:
1. Payoff business debt.
2. Payoff house debt
3. Partial retirement within 12 years.
4. Be able to spend 6 weeks traveling (pleasure & missions) each year.
5. Setup a $1,000,000 endowment for benevolent & mission efforts around the world.
6. Own fractional share of 3 vacation homes.
7. Fund the girls weddings (hopefully 7 to 16 years away.)

If you see me, ask me how I'm doing on these. I need to be reminded.

Quotes:
Lazy hands make a man poor,
but diligent hands bring wealth.
He who gathers crops in summer is a wise son,
but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son.

- Proverbs 10:4-5

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. - 1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

All hard work brings a profit,
but mere talk leads only to poverty.
- Proverbs 14:23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Citizenship in a Republic - Theodore Roosevelt

Johnny Earl Maxwell: "Mr W.A. and Mrs. Thelma's Boy"

Happy Birthday SSM